Subscribe for news and special subscriber-only offers and promotions
Publisher's or Manufacturer's Information and Features
|Lie-Nielsen No.073 Large Shoulder Plane |
Additional Views - Options:
click images below (if any).
Lie-Nielsen No.073 Large Shoulder Plane - $250.00
Plane is based on the Record 073 which in turn was based on a Preston model.
The captive-nut blade adjustment is very positive. Adjustment and Locking Screws are large and convenient. The mouth adjustment screw is captured in the toe piece and threaded into the body. Therefore it adjusts the mouth both when turned in and when turned out - unlike the original. Weight is 4 pounds.
Special Free bar of Craftsman Studio Plane Sole Wax with purchase of any Lie-Nielsen Plane.
- Body is precisely ground flat and square - an essential feature for a shoulder plane
- Blade is .005 in. wider than the body and is bedded at 18 degrees with a 25 degree bevel
- Body material: Ductile Iron
- Length overall: 8-1/4 in.
- Blade width: 1-1/4 in.
- Blade material: 1/8 in. thick A-2 tool steel hardened to Rockwell 60-62
- Illustrated instructions included with each plane
- Guarantee: Materials and workmanship are guaranteed for the life of your tool
- Additional Info (PDF Format): Use and Care Instructions
If you want additional bars, you can add them to your cart below at the regular price of $3.95.