Subscribe for news and special subscriber-only offers and promotions
Publisher's or Manufacturer's Information and Features
|Fundamentals of Inlay - Stringing - Line & Berry - Latta (DVD) |
|Fundamentals of Inlay: Stringing, Line & Barry - Steve Latta - (DVD) |
Learn quick, precise methods of sting inlay. Steve demonstrates string inlay on furniture legs and the traditional Pennsylvanian Line & Berry motif, inlaid on a spice box door.
Fundamentals of Inlay: Stinging, Line & Berry
About Steve Latta:
- Choosing proper materials
- Applications for inlay design
- Stringing a table leg and New York leg
- Setting in bandings & ornamental ovals
- Spice box doors
- Cutting & stringing a circle
- Creating a central four point design
- Adding berries
- Inlay tool maintenance
- Cutting material for stinging on the table saw
Steve Latta is an educator/cabinetmaker for the past twenty-five years focusing primarily on furniture of the Federal style. During the last ten years he has been teaching furniture making full-time at the Thaddeus Stevens College in Lancaster, PA. He is also a contributing editor for Fine Woodworking Magazine. Besides teaching, Steve does private commissions and lives with his wife, Elizabeth and their three children in rural Pennsylvania.
1 hr 35 min, Lie-Nielsen Toolworks
* DVD contains a printable glossary and plans for the fixture of a New York leg, in PDF format. This can be accessed by inserting the disk into your computer.
- Larger Image -
- See our Quantity Discount DVD's category for more ways to save on these fine DVD's
- Buy 2 - Save 5%, Buy 3 or 4 - Save 10%, Buy 5 or 6 - Save 15%, Buy 7 or more - Save 20% - Discounts are shown in shopping cart.
- Special! - Free Ground Shipping - Shipping address must be serviced by USPS (U.S. Postal Service)