FastCap Kaizen Foam is great product designed to help you achieve maximum organization and visual control in your workspace.
While shadow-boarding works great for the items that hang on the wall, Kaizen Foam goes to work on the tools that lay flat or are in a drawer. Not only does it make identifying your tools easier, it also reveals which are missing and need to be tracked down or replaced.
The best way to gain an appreciation for how useful this foam can be in organizing and protecting your tools is to view the videos below in which Paul Akers of FastCap describes and demonstrates its applications.
- Sizes: 2ft x 4ft sheets are available in 20mm (7/8 in), 30mm (1-1/4 in) and 57mm (2-1/4 in) thicknesses
- Colors: Black (most popular), White and Black and White Sandwich (57 mm size only)
- Cutting: Easily cut with knife (FastCap Triblade Utility Knife below is recommended), table saw, radial arm/sliding miter saw, band saw, hole saws
- Layout: FastCap Long Nosed Pattern Marker (available below) is very useful in defining cutout patterns
- Laminating the foam: Easily bonded with spray adhesive. FastCap SpeedTape also works quite well and avoids exposure to sprayed chemicals.