Shapton GlassStone Set of 4- 1000,4000,8000,16000
The ultimate Set set for sharpening all your woodworking tools. This Shapton GlassStone set include a coarse 1000 grit, medium 4000 grit, fine 8000, and extra fine 16000 grit stones.
Shapton Company in Japan produces the GlassStone line of sharpening products. Shapton glass stones are third-generation products that benefit from continuous improvement gained from experience with waterstones made for the Japanese market and the Shapton Pro-Series sold here in the US.
Shapton GlassStones differ from other waterstones:
- GlassStones are made with finely graded ceramic cutting media which wears much more slowly than aluminum oxide and silicon carbide commonly found in man-made waterstones. This results in a similar thickness of material lasting 4-5 times longer.
- The GlassStone media is very dense and does not absorb water. This means you don’t have to maintain them in water or wait for them to soak prior to use.
- Shapton water stones use a binding matrix that is carefully engineered to reveal sharp new cutting media for efficient stock removal while retaining some of the worn media which provides a simultaneous polishing effect. This balance results in a better edge with less work.
- Shapton sharpening stones feature a precision-ground flat-glass base that lets you use all of the media right down to the glass. Other waterstones typically crack and break as they become thin.
- Shapton's GlassStone Series is competitively priced, long-wearing, requires less flattening and no soaking, and cuts quickly.